When you call the office to schedule your consultation you will be given an appointment and sent an email with links for directions and further information about your procedure. Read these carefully. Visit our website for more information, interactive map and download and print the patient forms. Complete the patient forms prior to your office appointment and bring these with you.
At the time of your consultation you will meet our staff and Dr. Ferraro. He will discuss all the details of your procedure and outline all of your options. During your consultation you will review the consent form and be given detailed instructions. Discussion will include all relevant information about the plan before and after your surgery. The actual surgical procedure will be discussed at length as well. You will meet with our scheduler and a date convenient for your schedule will be given to you at that time. All fees are due two weeks in advance to surgery date. We have 100% financing and accept MasterCard and Visa.
Director of Nursing Mahwah
The preoperative instruction will include the following:
- Avoid all aspirin
- Fill the prescriptions given to you and do not take these prior to surgery
- Obtain the blood work necessary. This can be done at our lab next door.
- Order your garments. Dr. Ferraro uses the designveronique.com website for all his garments. Bras, compression garments should be ordered one week prior to your procedure.
- Some patients will require a consultation with their medical doctor. Dr. Ferraro will guide you through this process.
Day of Surgery
The surgery is completed at Dr. Ferraro’s surgical center in Paramus. This is a state of the art facility with State and Medicare approval and licenses. The anesthesiologists are board certified and qualified for outpatient surgery.
- Shower the morning of surgery
- Wear comfortable loose fitting clothing
- Do not put any products on your skin, including makeup, moisturizers, underarm deodorant, baby powder, Vaseline and spray tans.
- Nothing to eat or drink, including water, coffee and tea
- Bring your garment with you
- You will need a ride to and from the surgical center
- Arrive one hour to your surgery time.
- You will meet the staff at this point and the anesthesiologist.
Once your procedure is complete you will be brought into the recovery room where the nurses will make you comfortable. You will go home the same day and written instructions will be given to you and included:
- Rest at home
- Leave the garment on and do not remove
- Start your antibiotics when you get home
- Avoid all aspirin
- If drains are used you will be given instructions on how to empty them
- Elevate your back on two pillows and place two pillows beneath your knees
After surgery patients can expect to quickly feel better and be comfortable. The important points after surgery are shaping and scar control. We use the specific garments at designveronique.com to assist you to achieve the goals of the procedure. Your body contouring, breast or facial procedures will develop over time and each has a specific garment that will be used. The garments allow the shaping desired and in general the longer you wear the garments the better the result.
Scar control is also very important. Our scar cream used is ScarGuard and is applied like a liquid band aid each evening to the incision. That is used together with body moisturizers each morning and sun block.
Return to work is usually accomplished in a few days to a few weeks depending on the procedure. In general, a breast augmentation done Thursday most patients will return to work on Monday. An abdominoplasty for example would require more time off from work than liposuction. Each specific procedure and how much time away from work will be discussed at the time of the consultation.